Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Alphabet CEO Sundar Pichai were conferred with Padma Bhushan awards as the government announced Padma awards on the eve of Republic day.
Former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Kalyan Singh, who died last year, and the late CDS General Bipin Rawat will also be posthumously conferred the Padma Vibhushan for Public Affairs and Civil Service respectively. Meanwhile, Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad will be honoured with Padma Bhushan for Public Affairs.
Nadella and Pichai have been honoured for their contribution in the "trade and industry" category. Padma Bhushan is the third-highest civilian award in India after Bharat Ratna and Padma Vibhushan.
The list comprises four Padma Vibhushan, 17 Padma Bhushan and 107 Padma Shri Awards. Out of 128 awardees, 34 are women and the list also includes 10 persons from the category of Foreigners/NRI/PIO/OCI and 13 Posthumous awardees.
Here is the list of Padma Vibhusahan and Padma Bhushan awardees:
- Prabha Atre, Art
- Radheyshyam Khemka (Posthumous), Literature and Education
- General Bipin Rawat (Posthumous), Civil Service
- Kalyan Singh (Posthumous), Public Affairs
- Ghulam Nabi Azad, Public Affairs
- Victor Banerjee, Art
- Gurmeet Bawa (Posthumous), Art
- Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee, Public Affairs
- Natarajan Chandrasekaran, Trade and Industry
- Krishna Ella and Suchitra Ella (Duo), Trade and Industry
- Madhur Jaffery, Culinary (USA)
- Devendra Jhajharia, Sports
- Rashid Khan, Art
- Rajiv Mehrishi, Civil Service
- Satya Narayana Nadella ,Trade and Industry (USA)
- Sundararajan Pichai, Trade and Industry (USA
- Cyrus Poonawalla, Trade and Industry
- Sanjaya Rajaram (Posthumous), Science and Engineering (Mexico)
- Pratibha Ray, Literature and Education
- Swami Sachidanand, Literature and Education
- Vashishth Tripathi, Literature and Education