The Ministry of Education (MoE) of Singapore is inviting applications from Indian students for the Singapore Airlines (SIA) Youth Scholarship 2019 for 2 years of pre-University studies in selected junior colleges of Singapore.
The SIA-sponsored programme was launched over a decade ago and each year, 25 to 50 students from all over India are chosen after selection tests and interviews.
The selected candidates will be granted the Singapore-Cambridge GCE ‘A’- Level (General Certificate of Education Advanced Level) or equivalent certificate. The scholarship encourages candidates to enroll in Singapore schools at the Pre-University 1 Level in the 2020 academic year.
Candidates will be selected based on their performance in a test and interview held in New Delhi. Candidates who have been shortlisted will be notified a week before the event dates.
The last date for applying for the scholarship programme is July 28. The scholarship provisions include an annual SGD 2400 allowance, hostel accommodation and coverage of school and GCE examination fees.
- Students who are Indian nationals and have completed Grade 10 in the Year 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Applicants should possess at least an average of 85% with English as a first language in the Grade 10 State/National Exams
- Applicants must have been born between 2001 and 2003
- Annual allowance of SGD 2,400 with hostel accommodation
- Settling-in allowance of SGD 500 (once only)
- Return economy class air passage
- Coverage of school fees (excluding miscellaneous fees)
- Coverage of GCE Level examination fees (once only)
- Subsidised medical benefits and accident insurance cover