It was a glittering evening in Mumbai on Sunday as the BCCI held its annual awards function. The big winner on the night was India’s pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah who bagged both the prestigious Polly Umrigar award, as well as the Dilip Sardesai award for his exploits in international cricket in the 2018-19 season.
The Polly Umrigar award is presented to the best male International cricketer and carries a citation, trophy and cheque for INR 15 lakh, while the Dilip Sardesai award is conferred on both the highest wicket-taker and highest run-getter in Test cricket. Bumrah took 34 wickets in six matches with three five-wicket hauls in the previous season. The award for the batsman went to Cheteshwar Pujara for his 677 runs in 8 matches at an average of 52.07 with three centuries and two half centuries.
Meanwhile Arjuna awardee leg spinner Poonam Yadav claimed the top prize in the women's section and was awarded the best international cricketer.
Former India captains Krishnamachari Srikkanth and Anjum Chopra were presented the Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award and the BCCI Lifetime Achievement Award for women respectively.
The best international debut award went to Mayank Agarwal, who made a major impact in his debut series in Australia in 2018-19. 15-year-old Shafali Verma bagged the same award in the women's category.
The Lala Amarnath award for best all-rounder in the Ranji Trophy went to Mumbai’s Shivam Dube while Delhi's Nitish Rana received the same for doing well in the limited overs competition.
India's middle-order batswoman Deepti Sharma received the Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy for best woman cricketer in the senior domestic circuit while Shafali won in the junior category.
Complete list of winners:
- Col. CK Nayudu Lifetime Achievement Award: Kris Srikkanth
- BCCI Lifetime Achievement Award For Women: Anjum Chopra
- BCCI Special Award: Dilip Joshi
- Polly Umrigar Award Best International Cricketer - Men: Jasprit Bumrah
- Best International Cricketer - Women: Poonam Yadav
- Best International Debut - Men: Mayank Agarwal
- Best International Debut - Women: Shafali Verma
- Dilip Sardesai Award - Highest Run Getter in Test Cricket (2018-19): Cheteshwar Pujara
- Dilip Sardesai Award - Highest Wickets in Test Cricket (2018-19): Jasprit Bumrah
- Highest Run Getter in One Day Internationals (2018-19) - Women: Smriti Mandhana
- Highest Wickets in One Day Internationals (2018-19) - Women: Jhulan Goswami
- Best Umpire In Domestic Cricket in 2018-19: Virendra Sharma
- Best Performance in BCCI Domestic Tournaments of 2018-19: Vidarbha Cricket Association
- Lala Amarnath Award for the Best All-rounder in the Ranji Trophy, 2018-19: Shivam Dube
- Lala Amarnath Award for the Best All-rounder in Domestic Limited-overs Competitions, 2018-19: Nitish Rana
- Madhavrao Scindia Award – Highest Run Getter in the Ranji Trophy in 2018-19: Milind Kumar
- Madhavrao Scindia Award – Highest Run Getter In The Ranji Trophy in 2018-19: Ashutosh Aman
- M.A. Chidambaram Trophy – Highest Run Getter in the (U23) Col. CK Nayudu Trophy in 2018-19: Manan Hingrajia
- M.A. Chidambaram Trophy – Highest Wicket-taker in the (U23) Col. Ck Nayudu Trophy in 2018-19: Sidak Singh
- M.A. Chidambaram Trophy – Highest Run Getter in the (U19) Cooch Behar Trophy in 2018-19: Vathsal Govind
- M.A. Chidambaram Trophy – Highest Wicket-taker in the (U19) Cooch Behar Trophy in 2018-19: Apurva Anand
- Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy – Highest Run Getter in the (U16) Vijay Merchant Trophy in 2018-19: Aryan Hooda
- Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy – Highest Wicket-taker in the (U16) Vijay Merchant Trophy in 2018-19: Abhishek Yadav
- Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy – Best Woman Cricketer (Sr Domestic) of 2018-19 (Sr Women One Day): Deepti Sharma
- Jagmohan Dalmiya Trophy – Best Woman Cricketer (Jr Domestic) of 2018-19: Shafali Verma