Deeptech meets fintech this year, as the Singapore FinTech Festival (SFF) and the Singapore Week of Innovation and TeCHnology (SWITCH) come together.
The event titled, SFF x SWITCH will run from November 11 to 15, 2019 said a joint press release by Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), Enterprise Singapore and the National Research Foundation (NRF).
SFF x SWITCH will bring insights from global thought leaders, showcase innovative solutions and engage entrepreneurs, investors and innovators from around the world.
It will also provide rich networking opportunities for participants to collaborate on technological innovation across five key sectors – FinTech, Urban Solutions and Sustainability, Health and Biomedical Sciences, Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering, and Digital Services.
The three-day conference & exhibition will take place from November 11 to 13 at the Singapore Expo, featuring the theme of sustainability for the first time. It will cover financial services; Industry 4.0 – artificial intelligence, blockchain, Cloud and cybersecurity; financial inclusion; green finance; and technology beyond finance.
There will be three Competitions for the global innovation community:
- Global FinTech Hackcelerator, which matches innovative startup solutions to address the industry’s problem statements;
- SLINGSHOT 2019, an international startup pitching competition; and
- FinTech Awards, which recognises innovative financial technology solutions.
Investors and companies will also have access to two Deal-Making Platforms:
- Deal Fridays, which are curated deal-making sessions for facilitating investment into startups; and
- TechInnovation, a technology-to-industry matching marketplace which facilitates business matching within the industry, seeds licensing opportunities and fosters open innovation collaborations.
“Our partnership with SWITCH this year allows us to engage technology ecosystems beyond FinTech, and to present a comprehensive showcase of innovations that benefit all segments of society,” said Mr Sopnendu Mohanty, Chief FinTech Officer, MAS.
On November 14 and 15, workshops and events designed for the tech industry and an expanded Innovation Lab Crawl will take place at various locations across the island.