Vijay Samyani, Chairman of the retail giant Concept Brands Group has become the latest Indian to be awarded a 10-year visa by the United Arab Emirates under its Gold Card Scheme.
The visa came as a birthday gift for Samyani and was presented to him by Lieutenant Colonel Omar Matar Khamis Almezaina, Director of Establishment Department, at the office of General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDRFA).
“I am extremely thankful to the leaders of the UAE for honoring me with 10 years golden residence visa. My birthday has become even more delightful and special today,” said Samyani on his Instagram page.
Samyani came to Dubai in 1992, with a mere AED80 in his pocket. In the years ensuing, he built Concept Brands Group, which is a leading brand house of luxury products. The company’s activities revolve around supplies to retail chains, hypermarkets, trading companies-import and export to international markets; and large-scale events for consumers.
Hailing from Rajasthan, Samyani is thrilled to be the first person from the state to be awarded a long term UAE visa.
"Since I am first from Rajasthan to be awarded long-term visa, so I want to share this news with everyone from Rajasthan that everything is possible in life if you are determined; if you work hard, you can achieve goals," he said.
Also read: More wealthy NRIs may be tempted by UAE gold
Several Indian businessman have been issued long-term visas by the UAE since the launch of the Gold Card Scheme, including:
- Dhananjay Datar, Chairman and Managing Director of spice company Al Adil
- Dr Azad Moopen, Founder-Chairman and managing director of Aster DM Healthcare
- BR Shetty, Founder and Chairman of NMC Healthcare
- Dr Ram Buxani, Chairman of ITL Cosmos Group
- Rizwan Sajan, Founder and Chairman of Danube Group
- Vasudev Shroff, Chairman of the Regal Group
- Khushi Khatwani, Head of the Khushi Group of Companies