The Government Technology Agency of Singapore will collaborate with ride-hailing platform Grab to launch GrabShuttle. It is a beta shuttle bus service mobile application set to supplement public transport services with more direct bus routes at affordable prices.
Commuters can use the GrabShuttle app to pre-book seats on 15 selected routes. More routes will be added subsequently, according to a joint press statement by Grab and GovTech on March 2, 2017.
The GrabShuttle app is powered by Beeline, an open smart mobility platform to enable data-driven shuttle bus services developed by GovTech in collaboration with the Land Transport Authority (LTA).
Commuters can book and pay for seats using their credit cards, and track their buses in real-time on the day of the ride. They can also suggest and crowd-start new routes in the GrabShuttle app or via Grab’s website. Suggestions from the public, along with data from the beta trial and Beeline, will allow Grab and its partnering bus operator to model, price and launch new bus routes based on changing commuter demand.
Here are the 15 routes currently being offered:
1. Yishun/ Sembawang/ Admiralty/ Woodlands to Hwa Chong Institution/ Nanyang Girls High School/ National Junior College
2. Pioneer MRT to Civil Defence Academy/ Lim Chu Kang Camps 1,2/ Murai Camp/ Sungei Gedong Camp
3. Jurong West to Singapore General Hospital
4. Bukit Batok/ Bukit Timah to CBD/ Suntec City
5. Choa Chu Kang/ Bukit Panjang to CBD/ Suntec City
6. Punggol/ Seng Kang to CBD/ Suntec City
7. Punggol/ Seng Kang to Changi Business Park/ Singapore University of Technology and Design
8. Choa Chu Kang/ Bukit Panjang to Midview City
9. Tampines to Midview City
10. CBD /Suntec City to Choa Chu Kang/ Bukit Panjang
11. Changi Business Park/ Singapore University of Technology and Design to Punggol/ Seng Kang
12. MapleTree Business City/ Alexandra Hospital to Woodlands/ Admiralty
13. CBD/ Suntec City to Punggol/ Seng Kang
14. Changi Business Park/ Singapore University of Technology and Design to Woodlands/ Admiralty/ Sembawang
15. Mapletree Business City/ Alexandra Hospital to Bukit Panjang
To suggest and crowd-start new routes, visit Grab’s website for more information: www.grab.com/sg/shuttle.