Actor Akshay Kumar is the lone Indian in Forbes’ list of the 100 highest paid celebrities list for 2019. Previous Indian celebrities have included Shah Rukh Khan, who dropped off the list last year, and Salman Khan, who didn’t make the cut this time round.
Akshay Kumar slots in at number 33 with USD 65 million. As per Forbes' biography of Akshay, the 51-year-old makes between USD 5-10 million per film. He also has significant earnings from endorsement deals with over 20 brands.
The Indian actor has moved up from number 76 last year when he was reportedly earning US 40.5 million.
As per the 2019 list, Akshay has earned more than Rihanna, Jackie Chan, Katy Perry, Bradley Cooper, Pink, Adam Sandler, Scarlett Johansson, Ariana Grande, Chris Evans, Jennifer Lopez, Lady Gaga among others.
The highest paid celebrity this year is Taylor Swift with USD 185 million.
Forbes’ Highest Paid Celebrities List Top 10:
- Taylor Swift - USD 185 million
- Kylie Jenner - USD 170 million
- Kanye West - USD 150 million
- Lionel Messi - USD 127 million
- Ed Sheeran - USD 110 million
- Cristiano Ronaldo - USD 109 million
- Neymar - USD 105 million
- The Eagles - USD 100 million
- Dr. Phil McGraw - USD 95 million
- Canelo Alvarez - USD 94 million