The 7th Abdeali Tayebali Lifetime Achievement Award Ceremony took place on December 6, 2019 at Village Bugis Hotel. His Excellency Mr. Jawed Ashraf, High Commissioner of India to Singapore was the Guest of Honor.
The citation for the 7th Award recipient, NMP, Mohamed Irshad recognised his exemplary contributions to the community. He is the founder and president of Roses of Peace (ROP) - a youth driven non-profit organisation that seeks to strengthen religious harmony in Singapore.
Mohamed Irshad advises and serves as an ambassador for several organisations including REACH Singapore, OnePeople.sg, Singapore Kindness Movement (SKM), National Volunteer & morning Philanthropy Centre (NVPC) and Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI).
The Abdeali Tayebali Family Trust
The Abdeali Tayebali Family Trust sponsors The Abdeali Tayebali Lifetime Achievement Award and the Courage Award. Established by Mr. Ameerali Abdeali, a retired civil servant, in memory of the late Mr. Abdeali Hj. Tayebali who emigrated from India to Singapore in the 1940s, was a businessman, a family man and philanthropist who actively promoted inter-faith harmony.
The award envisioned in 2012 by Ambassador Pany and Mr. Ameerali is presented to individuals who best encapsulate the following ideals:
- Demonstration of courage and endurance in the face of a great challenge and adversity
- Being a source of inspiration for others and a role model in the promotion of the spirit of adventure and sportsmanship in particular amongst the young in our society
- Respect, consideration and sensitivity for the beliefs, cultural practices and traditions of people of all faiths and ethnicities
- Concern for the general welfare of the community and an exemplification of dedication, compassion and empathy in the service of society
Past deserving recipients of the award and recognition include:
- Dr. Kumaran Rassapan - First Singapore Indian to have scaled Mount Everest
- Late Mr. KV Veloo - Pioneer of Social Service Development in Singapore
- Haji Wan Hussin Zoohri - Founding Member of Yayasan Mendaki
- PROF Dr. Jackie Ying - Executive Director of the Institute of Bioengineering and Nanotechnology
- Dr. William Wan - General Secretary of the Singapore Kindness Movement
- Mr. Satwant Singh - A lawyer involved in disaster relief and charity in Singapore and India.