President of Singapore Halimah Yacob’s address to the 13th Parliament has laid out the priorities of the Government for the rest of the term and beyond, said Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.
PM Lee outlined the five priorities of the Government as mentioned in the President’ speech through a Facebook post today.
- Securing a place in the world for Singapore;
- Building a well-connected, world-class city for Singaporeans;
- Developing a vibrant economy with more opportunities for workers;
- Forging a cohesive, caring and inclusive society; and
- Nurturing an identity we are proud of, with all Singaporeans.
The PM mentioned that the President’s speech was drafted by the 4th-generation Ministers and they have set important goals for the nation.
“Over time, they have to prove themselves, earn the trust of Singaporeans, and show they can make difficult decisions that benefit Singaporeans. In this uncertain world, we must work together to ensure a bright future for all of us,” he said.
While addressing the Parliament, President Halimah Yacob said the fourth-generation of Singapore leaders will undertake the next phase of nation building.
She noted that the new leadership's imprint in developing and implementing public policies has already become evident.
“The ministries will release their addenda to the President’s speech this week, and next week Parliament will debate the speech,” added PM Lee.