Take part in Zee Tamil’s Zee Reel and your film might just be launched on a global television platform!
If you are an aspiring filmmaker from Singapore or Malaysia, Zee Reel is making taking your stories beyond screens easy. You just have to submit your entries here before December 20, 2020.
Zee Tamil has launched its first-ever Short Film Competition- ZEE REEL, digitally, offering an exciting opportunity for filmmakers from Singapore and Malaysia to fulfill their dream.
The top 8 movies from the competition will be aired on Zee Tamil APAC channel. Thereby taking their stories beyond screens, directly to the audience.
Once you register you will also be invited to an exclusive short film workshop conducted by renowned filmmaker AL Vijay and an international panel of jury.
AL Vijay is a critically acclaimed director whose movie Deiva Thirugmagal won Best Picture Award in Grand Prix and was nominated for FilmFare Awards.
It's still not all, you also stand a chance to get an internship with international directors!
The top three winners will get an opportunity to intern with international directors on their next project, which is of course, subject to terms and conditions.
Conducted in three phases Zee Reel will kickstart with the registration. This will be followed by an online mentorship via a ‘Short Film Workshop Exclusively by the International Panel of Jury’ for the aspirant filmmakers prior to the competition.
Once the top eight entries are selected in consensus by the jury, they will announce the winners, leading to the third phase, the ‘Airing of Top 8 films on Zee Tamil’.
You can obtain more details about ZEE REEL from their website.
The prestigious panel of jury for Zee Reel Short Film Competition includes:
- AL Vijay - critically acclaimed director whose movie Deiva Thirugmagal won Best Picture Award in Grand Prix and was nominated for FilmFare Awards.
- Tamil Dasan - programming head of Zee Tamil & Deputy Business head of Zee thirai. Under this versatile programming head, Zee Tamil has reached an all-time high of 700+ grp from 70 grps and Zee Tamil fiction gained leadership in the prime-time fiction beating all channels in Tamil Nadu.
- Vimala Perumal - director and cinematographer, whose film, Vedigundu Pasangge, was first-ever Malaysian Tamil Movie to surpass1 million collection and won Best Film Award in the Norway Tamil Film Festival.
- Rajagopal K - award-winning writer and director, who has won the Singapore International Film Festival’s Special Jury Prize for 3 consecutive years.
- Yahssir M - writer, director and executive producer, who was the finalist winner at the New York Festival World’s Best TV & Films and the National Award at the Asian Academy Award.
Zee Reel is proudly sponsored and supported by title sponsor All India Supermart, powered by RKG Ghee, community partner SINDA, associate sponsor Gayatri Restaurant and supporting partners FINAS, Tamils Representative Council, Tamil Murasu, Tabla and Narpani Peravai.
‘Short Film Entry Requirements’ to take note of:
- All participants must be 15 years +
- Duration: 5 - 10 minutes
- Short film language: Tamil
- The contest is open to residents of Singapore & Malaysia only
- Video to be submitted in High-Resolution MP4 Format
- The top 8 finalists will be required to submit their short film in high resolution .mov format
- All registrants will receive an automated email upon successful entry
Important dates to take note of:
- Registration begins – 28th October 2020
- Registration ends – 20th December 2020
- Selection of top 8 short films – 15th January 2021
- Short Film Workshop & Announcement of winners – 23rd January 2021
- Airing of short films on Zee Tamil APAC – Feb 2021
Zee Tamil launched the competition through an online event where it introduced the event, its reputed jury panel and answered questions from the audience.
This talent hunt aims to provide an international platform for filmmakers residing in Singapore and Malaysia to showcase their talent and be recognized.