As of Thursday January 30, Singapore's Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed three more cases of Wuhan coronavirus infection in Singapore. This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 13.
All three new patients are Chinese nationals who travelled from Wuhan. There is currently no evidence of community spread in Singapore, MOH said in a press statement.
The 11th patient is a 31-year-old female who arrived in Singapore on January 22. She was a travelling companion of the fourth confirmed case here, who is a 36-year-old male Chinese national.
The woman said she was asymptomatic during the flight to Singapore. After being identified as a close contact of the fourth case, she had been quarantined since January 26. She was admitted to the the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID), where she is currently warded, after developing symptoms on January 27.
The 12th confirmed case is a 37 year-old female Chinese national who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan with her family on January 22. She is currently warded in an isolation room at NCID.
She reported being asymptomatic during her flight to Singapore, and developed symptoms on January 26. The woman took a taxi to Tan Tock Seng Hospital three days later.
Prior to hospital admission, the woman stayed at Village Hotel Sentosa, Hotel 81 Princess and Home Suite View Hotel in Geylang. She also visited Orchard Road and Geylang, and had travelled by taxi.
The 13th case is a 73-year-old female Chinese national who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan with her family on January 21. She tested positive for coronavirus infection on January 30 at about 2pm, and is now warded in an isolation room at NCID.