The Ministry of Health (MOH) has confirmed 3 new cases of the Wuhan coronavirus in Singapore as of 2.00 pm on January 29. There were 7 confirmed cases prior to this, bringing the total number up to 10 in Singapore.
All three new cases are Chinese nationals who travelled from Wuhan. “This is consistent with our assessment that more imported cases are expected from Hubei province. There is currently no evidence of community spread in Singapore,” said an MOH press release.
The eighth and ninth cases are a married couple - a 56 year-old female and a 56 year-old male. The couple arrived together in Singapore on January 19. They were asymptomatic during the flight to Singapore but subsequently developed symptoms on January 24 and took a taxi to Tan Tock Seng Hospital on January 27.
Prior to hospital admission, they stayed with their family at their home at Lorong Lew Lian. The couple are currently warded in isolation rooms at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases (NCID).
Case number 10 is a 56 year-old male Chinese national who arrived in Singapore from Wuhan on January 20. He was asymptomatic during his flight to Singapore and subsequently developed symptoms on January 21. He was admitted to NCID on January 28 after being identified as a suspect case at a health screening station at Marina South Pier. Prior to hospital admission, he worked and lived on board a cargo vessel.
The MOH has said that the three new cases are currently stable, while the seven previously announced cases are all in stable condition, and most are improving.