IT service company HCL and Filmwallas, a Singapore-based global collaborative filmmaking platform, jointly announced ‘A Cut Beyond’, a short movie contest which focused on creating alternative content for the platform.
The jury-judged competition is open to independent or student filmmakers across the world and of any age. The jury for this contest comprises eminent filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor and veteran actor and corporate consultant Ashish Vidyarthi.
“Here is an opportunity for you to make your own film and post it on filmwallas.com,” Vidyarthi said on the site’s Youtube channel. “Let your mind go wild.”
The film should have been created on or after March 15, 2017, which means that the organisers are looking for fresh content. All members of the cast and crew must register on filmwallas.com.
The films need to be independently financed or developed and films produced, financed or developed by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition. The final decision is up to the Festival committee.
The first place award is US$2,500, while the prizes for second and third places are US$ 1,500 and US$ 1,000 respectively. The deadline for registering is April 30, 2017, and the contest ends on May 15, 2017. A shortlist of 10 films will be announced on June 15, 2017 and the winners will be notified by email. In addition, the top three will be announced on June 30, 2017. The awards ceremony is scheduled for mid-July 2017.
The organisers are looking for creative filmmakers to articulate HCL's brand promise of 'Relationship beyond the contract' from a new vantage point. Go here for more details: http://filmwallas.com/contest/HCLFilmContest
A full list of the guidelines can be seen below:
- HCL-Filmwallas Short Film Contest is a juried competition, open to any independent or student filmmaker worldwide, age no bar
- Entry is free.
- Employees of HCL are eligible to be part of this contest.
- The suggested guideline running time for films submitted for the competition 2-3 minutes (not mandatory though).
- The film should have been completed after March 15, 2017. (That is, please don’t upload a film for the contest that you had made in the past and just want to upload it for the contest because it looks a little relevant!).
- All members of the cast and crew of the submitted film must be registered on filmwallas.com.
- All qualified entries must be independently produced and financed. Films produced, financed or developed by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition. The Festival committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project.