Four workers of a contractor engaged by fibre network company NetLink Trust have been tested positive for COVID-19 between April 14 and 16.
Two of these workers have visited 34 homes for fibre installation work between April 1 and April 14, NetLink said in a press statement.
The other two were not involved in works that require visits to homes and offices. None of these workers had been in contact with NetLink's staff within the last 14 days.
NetLink said it is working with said contractor to assist the Ministry of Health in contact tracing efforts.
The company has temporarily suspended all works that require visits to homes or offices, as an additional safeguard to protect the public, their employees and business partners.
"We are also reaching out to affected parties with current service orders to inform them of the suspension."
The temporary suspension will be lifted after a review of the existing precautionary measures, and appropriate enhancements are implemented.