Indian restaurant in the UK shut after cockroach infestation discovered

Sand's of Glenfield - an Indian restaurant was shut after health inspectors discovered a cockroach infestation. The diners were asked to leave mid-meals.

Live and dead cockroaches were found in the kitchen, food store, and three freezers. Cockroach traps were also discovered.

While talking to a leading daily, a spokesperson for the local Blaby District Council said, “A resident of the district made us aware that a pest control company had been visiting Sands. We served a hygiene emergency prohibition order on Sand's of Glenfield for a cockroach infestation, on Saturday, February 4.”

Cockroaches in the restaurant
To reopen the restaurant, the owners would have to seek the approval of health inspectors once necessary refurbishment is over.

"The business is now formally closed as a food business until our environmental health team is satisfied that the health risk condition no longer exists. We are working closely with representatives of the business and their pest control company to advise them about the steps they need to take in order for this to be achieved," she added.

Now, to reopen the restaurant, the owners would have to seek the approval of health inspectors once necessary refurbishment is over.

The restaurant is shut with a note posted on the door stating, "We are taking this opportunity to refurbish and update our equipment and taking all the necessary steps to ensure that we provide the best possible environment for our valued guests.”

Author
Deepti Kaul
Deepti Kaul – Senior Writer

Deepti Kaul has over a decade’s experience in journalism. She has worked with media giants like Hindustan Times, NDTV, India Today, IndiaTV and as a freelancer. She loves to write on Indians abroad, fashion, lifestyle,food, travel, showbiz, education, parenting while meeting people and experiencing different cultures.

Comments